The Model 880 Frequency Response Analyzer (FRA) Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy and High Frequency Resistance Measurements is available for integration with the Scribner's electronic load used in the 840 / 850 / 890 series of fuel cell test products. The 880 FRA meets or exceeds the performance and accuracy requirements needed for all fuel cell testing applications.
The 880 FRA and FuelCell® software facilitates continuous, single-frequency High Frequency Resistance (HFR) and full-frequency range Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) analysis of an operating fuel cell. HFR can be performed concurrently with current interrupt (IR drop) measurement for orthogonal determination of the cell internal or ohmic resistance.
The 880 FRA can also be integrated with the Model 910 Multi-Channel Microelectrode Analyzer (MMA) for impedance spectroscopy of electrode and sensor arrays.
- Generator Frequency Range 1 mHz to10 kHz
- Frequency Error < 0.01%
- Amplitude Range ±10 mV to ±3.000 V
- Amplitude Resolution 1 part in 32,768
- Amplitude Error < 1% ± 1 digit
- Distortion < 0.02%
- Analyzer Type Quadrature method (digital correlation)
- Input Ranges(RMS) 30 mV, 300 mV, 3 V RMS
- Full Scale Peak Input 50 mV, 500 mV, 5 V
- Cross Channel Isolation > 100 dB
- Measurement Time, minimum: Longer of 1 cycle or 10 ms
- Measurement Cycles: Dependent on integration setting
- Error Limits: 0.5% Magnitude error (1 mHz to 10 kHz) / 0.5 ° Phase error (1 mHz to 10 kHz)
Available in 840, 850e, 855 and 890e Multi Range Units
Integrated Impedance Measurement to 10 kHz
Download the 880 FRA Overview in PDF format.