The 850e is ideal for single-cell and short-stack fuel cell research and university programs, and the powerful FuelCell® software package is included for controlling station operation.
The model 850e Multi-Range Fuel Cell Test System is a complete test station for operation and measurement of PEM/DMFC fuel cells. The 850e combines a computer-controlled instrument (multiple current-range programmable electronic load, fuel and temperature controls, and data acquisition functions) with fuel handling hardware in an integrated bench-top unit. The 850e uses the proven 890e as the basis for the electronic load design. The 850e may be used with a single-cell or small stack, a host computer, and reactant and purge gas supplies.
New Accessory: Heated Cuffs
- Multiple current range electronic load choices: 5/25/50A or 10/50/100A
- Suitable for up to 50 cm2 PEM cells.
- Computer controlled operation using FuelCell software with GPIB interface.
- Temperature controlled anode and cathode humidifiers.
- Computer control of anode and cathode mass flow rates.
- Automatic control of N2 purge gas to cell.
- Detection of pressure loss for reactant and purge gasses.
- High performance 316L stainless steel humidifiers, and heated gas transfer lines.
- Constant current, voltage or power control modes.
- Continuous cell resistance measurement.
- Automatic hardware shutdown for over-current, under-voltage, over-power, load temperature, and cell temperature alarm conditions.
- High impedance whole-cell and reference electrode sense inputs.
- Cell main terminals and sense inputs tolerant of a non-isolated cell.
- New Accessory - Heated Cuffs for cell fixture interconnect fittings
- Automated humidifier bypass valves
- 885 PStat : Fuel Cell Potentiostat
- 880 FRA : Integrated Frequency Resistance Analyzer (FRA) for High Frequency Resistance (HFR) and impedance measurement from 1 mHz to 10 kHz
- 850 BP : Standard Backpressure module
- HTBP : High Temperature Backpressure module
- Auto BP : Automatic Backpressure module
- Manual and Auto MultiGas modules : Multiple reactant gas selector
- Reformate gas mixing
- Pump for liquid reactant fuel cells (+DM)
- 892e Data Acquisition Expansion System : Additional 8 Voltage and 8 Temperature inputs
- Dual Area Cell Fixture : Test Fixture for PEM
- Liquid-Gas Fuel Cell Fixture : Test Fixture for DMFC / Formate Cells
- DI Water Tank : Simple solution for pressurized delivery for existing DI/RO water source
Using an 850e, 885 PSTAT and BekkTech BT-112 Conductivity Cell for in-plane membrane resistance and conductivity measurement
Publications featuring the model 850e:
Partial listing of papers featuring 850 - Updated: 2/2017