H-Cell designed for membrane and separator characterization in a liquid environment. Measure resistance, conductivity, permeability, cross-over, and selectivity.
H-CELL FOR MEMBRANE & SEPARATOR CHARACTERIZATION
- Designed for membrane & separator characterization in relevant liquid environments – resistance, conductivity, permeability, cross-over, and selectivity
- Redox flow battery electrolytes, liquid fuel cells and batteries, electrochemical process chemistries
- Small volume, easy-to-use, robust design
- Non-reactive materials of construction
- Pt or Au CE/WE electrodes
- Selection of reference electrode types
- Adjustable Luggin probes
- Ports for purge gas & temperature sensor
Description of Membrane H-Cell Kit
The kit includes two each of the following: glass half-cell, PEEK cap, Luggin tube with Teflon mount, inlet with frit and outlet tube. In addition, the kit has one large pinch clamp (#34) to hold the two halves together, and #-123 Viton o-rings (standard circular cross-section and X-shaped cross-section). Only two o-rings needed to assemble the cell; extras are included.
The Standard H-Cell Kit includes:
- Two (2) Pseudo-disposable Ag/AgCl gel RE: Low Profile Silver/Silver Chloride Gel (p/n RRPEAGCL).
- Two (2) Pt wire coil CE/WE/Drive Electrodes (p/n RRPG257PT).
- Other RE and Drive Electrode types subject to availability.
a. ½ cell volume ~ 30 mL
b. ID at cell face = 2.5 cm, Area at cell face ~ 4.91 cm2
c. Assembled dimensions:
d. Provision for gas purge/vent and temperature probe.
e. Movable Luggin probe.
Counter Electrode / Working Electrode (CE/WE) ) (a.k.a. Drive Electrode) Options (2 per cell required)
a. Pt disk electrode (Pt disc OD = 0.16 cm, A ~ 0.02 cm2)
b. Pt wire coil electrode (3.74 cm L x 0.05 cm OD, A ~ 0.69 cm2) - Standard
c. Pt/Nb mesh cylinder electrode (A ~ 7.6 cm2)
a. b. c.
Reference Electrode (2 per cell required)
a. Standard: Pseudo-disposable Ag/AgCl gel RE: Low Profile Silver/Silver Chloride Gel (p/n RRPEAGCL)
b. Other chemistries available on request
Please contact Scribner Associates or your local representative for price and availability.